Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
GardenGal
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 6:41:27 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

How are you spending this weekend ?  

Will you sneak in any sewing or quilting ???

--
GardenGal
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 6:46:02 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

We have my grandson Jace today and then all of next week so I will only get to sew bits during naps or some play time with his grandpa.  

I want to take pics of my mystery fabs.  DONE

I want to quilt a block on hop ( really want to quilt 2-3 this weekend )  Got 1/2 of a block done

There will be lots of mowing...  mowed a good deal this afternoon.  :D ,  need to do more but the bees are all over the clover.

We might build a covered swingset for my chickens.... yep, that's what I wrote.   Got concrete to set the posts; now 4 posts are set..will need a trip to lowes for the roof material.. Roof installed,  need to make the swing and install that.

I want to get 5 gallons of vinegar/dawn & epsome salt mixed up and sprayed on the driveway and other areas we want to kill the weeds.  So far this weekend, we've mixed up and sprayed 4 gallons . We got another 2 gallons and I sprayed that this morning. 

Hoping to find a Tulip Poplar tree to plant at the local nursery..  Lowes did not have

Need to pull some lily pads from the pond ... they are taking over and the carp can't handle this much...  tomorrow I hope --  yay yay  hubby pulled out loads of duck weed ( i think that's the name ) and just a few lily pads but SOME of the pond has been improved.. hoping son will do a section tomorrow.

Keep eating low carb and getting in steps.     This has gone out the window.. no keto until Tuesday.

HOW ABOUT YOU ???

--
quiltertess
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 7:54:55 AM(UTC)
quiltertess

I want to get some much needed gardening in this weekend.  The weeds are starting to take over.  I also need to pressure wash the deck - its on the north side of the house and it gets mossy.  We are going to the dinner theater tonight to see "Camelot" - its one of my favorites!  

I want to finish up my Woolie this weekend and get it in the mail on Tuesday.  I also need to do laundry and get moving on my sea glass blocks.

Looks like it might rain today, although it was not expected until tonight.  That might change my plans for today.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
loveslife
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 7:56:52 AM(UTC)
loveslife

That's great gg!

Today is DGD's high school graduation day. I've been teary all week. Taking her quilt top for bed measurements, her scrapbook, and lots of Love with us. I've got the food ready to take to her party, and surprise tickets for the play Wicked on Tuesday. We also have some jewelry and monetary gifts. She's been our heart walking around outside of our bodies for almost 18 years now. So emotional!

After today, I can get back to gardening, we've had snow and freezing temps this past week, but I think I saved everything, hopefully the tomato plants will be okay as well.

Then, on to other projects. Starting Wednesday, we will have our DGS (8) for about a week as well. Looking forward to the nice weather ahead.

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
EliQuilts
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 8:09:01 AM(UTC)
EliQuilts

Once the grumpy bear arises from hibernation I am going to my quilt cave!
Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
GardenGal
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 10:32:07 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Not even on my list, but a trip to lowes,  didn't find my tree but I got 9 large bags of compost/manure that I have already put in a bed.

Also an iris and a geranium asked me to bring them home and plant them.. I did so.

Sis came over and I have her 4 plants that all came up this year on their own.. 2 tomato, 1 marigold and 1 purple ajuga.  

resting now.. too too hot to be outside right now

I might head to sewing room in a short short..  

gg

--
Teatime
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 11:25:55 AM(UTC)
Teatime

Quiet week-end with Hubby. I promised myself I would do 2 hours of yardwork each day. Just about to head out now.

Other fun things: library, movie, BBQ, sewing and walk in the park.

Enjoy the loooong week-end friends!

Marian
Dorian
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 11:43:04 AM(UTC)
Dorian

Congrats to your graduate Karen.

Sounds like you are gettinga lot done GG.

I finished my Bear quilt  Took it and camera outside for some pictures... and found out the battery needs recharged . Sooo, I'll show pics later on or tomorrow, whenever I get them taken.

I have laundry going, but did most of my housework yest, so am in for a relaxing day/weekend. I plan to go to the sewing room again soon, and sort out fabrics for the mystery.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
Mimi
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 2:04:05 PM(UTC)
Mimi

No visitors, no plans for this weekend.  Although Tuesday we'll be in DC to watch our DGD's band concert.  

Today we just finished planting our hanging baskets.  Got them up and watered.  Tomorrow will be too hot to be outside but Monday I'll plant the pots and get some weeding finished.  Need a trip to Lowes for more mulch.  Time to trim the chokeberries back so they bush.  Lots of gardening to keep us busy.   

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
quiltertess
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 3:31:49 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

I did some major weeding, picked some strawberries, went to Home Depot with hubby for a light bulb they no longer carry .  Guess we will have to replace the outside lights.

Stopped at Panera for lunch and then at the local plant place for some pretties.  Got two planter boxes done and 3 hanging pots.

Getting ready to head out to the dinner theater.

Chelle
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 4:01:45 PM(UTC)
Chelle

We had our morning class, 4 students woohoo.  I called new potential students leaving messages when needed and have 2 or 3 scheduled to come in on Tuesday.  All Collette Martial Arts business is closed until Tuesday!!  We then picked the boys up and went to a Mexican resturaunt for lunch.  Just got home a bit ago, will be taking Max to get a haircut in a little while.

I have a list of things to do, but may get sidetracked.  Why do stores have to have sales? lol want to see about getting slip on sneakers or something.  Tomorrow I am going out shopping with a friend.  She needs a dress for her sisters wedding, we will likely get lunch while out.  No other real plans that I know of other than eating cake so figure I should be able to get some sewing time in.  I do want to wash my fabrics for sea glass swap, so for now I will get them unfolded and stickers off so when I get home they can be washed.  I am itching to go to my bag o blocks and UFOs and make a quick top, or cut fabrics for the last 4 Eureka blocks, or or or.... nevermind I have multiple quilts ready to be quilted or sandwiched and quilted!! Embarassed

When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
cv quilter
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 5:17:15 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Out of town family company for last 3 days.  They just left, so I am going to get the house back in order (laundry, wash bedding and remake guest bed, clean)  Hoping to get this done now and sew tomorrow and Monday.  We do have some clean up to do outside.  Leftovers for dinner tonight.  Going to relax tonight, watch Columbo, take a much anticipated bath, and to bed early.    

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
GloBug
#13 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 9:18:41 PM(UTC)
GloBug

I finished Brenna's Modern Quilt with the handstitched binding.  The quilt turned out nice.

DH and I pulled some tall obnoxious grassess that overtook our side yard.  We actually came across a cute cat sleeping deep down in the tall grasses.  He/She opened her eyes, not even alarmed at seeing us, then lazily got up and did some yoga stretches (lol!) and simply moved down a few feet and sat down just watching us work away.  We were entertained!  

We are planning a BBQ on Monday and having the kids come over.

As for sewing, I'm taking a little leave of absence because I want to stay downstairs with my furbaby Harley and spend some quailty time with him and give him lots of love.  He's been diagnosed with lung cancer and has 1-2 months before crossing over the Rainbow Bridge.  Yup, I'm crushed, I'm hurt, I'm a mess....but what animal lover wouldn't be??  My DH & I have a planned trip out of the country in 2 weeks and our daughter will be taking care of Harley & Dixie while were gone.  I'm praying that Harley will still be here when I get home so that I can be with him when he crosses that special bridge.  

loveslife
#14 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 11:34:34 PM(UTC)
loveslife

So sorry to hear that gloria. Enjoy all the time you can get. HUGS

I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Dorian
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 6:20:51 AM(UTC)
Dorian

Aww Gloria, I'm so sorry :( 

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
GardenGal
#16 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 6:28:48 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Congrats on having 4 chelle, I hope the class continues to grow..  ( HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND! )

So sorry to hear it Gloria.. this part is awful but I try so hard to dwell on all the years of love we give to each other.  hugs and cuddles to you both.  ( LOVE YOUR FINISH!!!   I remember you working on it and how lovely each block was!!!  )

Here at the house, it's just us guys.. Jace is back home for today and the week with Jace offically starts some time Monday.   We had him yesterday just to help out his mom.  

Hubby built a VERY nice ramp going into our new shed.   He will install it today.

I'm going back to my first list I posted and continuing to work from it.

gg

--
quiltertess
#17 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 6:56:23 AM(UTC)
quiltertess

So sorry Gloria, I know just how hard that is.

Today looks like a glorious day to be outside.  So once the yard dries out from last night's rain, I will be outside working.  More weeds to pull, strawberries to pick and I want to extend one garden and add some hydrangea cuttings from my yard.  I also want to move our fire pit so I can finish laying down the bricks around it without going up hill.  The deck still needs done too.  It was too chilly yesterday to get to it, but that might wait until next weekend.

Right now, I'm working on my woolie.

JudyT
#18 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 8:03:54 AM(UTC)
JudyT

Oh my Glo, I'm sorry. Our furbabies are, well, our babies and we love them.

My weekend is making a last minute lap quilt for my 86 year old sister who is going in for knee surgery on June 3rd. She's been grumbling that she has to wear shorts following the surgery and "My legs are UGLY". (they're not). Yesterday I had sent her a photo of the California King pattern I'm starting for my daughter and her hubby. She loved it. So, I decided to make her a mini laptop version. I have the top pieced and will go shopping this morning for lightweight batting and flannel for the back. It will go in the mail by Tuesday at the latest. It's bright, happy florals in a variety of block sizes. Quick to construct.

Judy in the Pacific Northwest
cv quilter
#19 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 9:23:35 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Gloria, I hate to read about your Harley and the sad news.  Darn, these are really hard things to deal with.  Yes, love and dote on him extra. Hugs

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
monalee
#20 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:12:34 AM(UTC)
monalee

I’ve been fighting the flu since Wednesday at 4 am, today I finally feel human. Came to my house on Friday to have the water turned on after winter. The town’s meter pit has a leak and needs dug up and replaced but won’t happen until Tuesday. Got the lawnmower out, it refuses to run, starts and dies. Probably because of the jungle it sees. Hoping today I can sandwich a quilt after seeing my grands. Didn’t want to get them sick too.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed