Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

39 Pages123>»
Leslie
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 5:00:14 PM(UTC)
Leslie

I start these threads and don't participate in them very much so I'm am going to challenge myself this year to do better.  What are you working on ?

Leslie
Leslie
#2 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 4:42:21 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Hey ladies, here’s our new thread. Hoping to be more active this year😁😁
Leslie
cindynvb
#3 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 5:18:50 PM(UTC)
cindynvb

Most of my day today was spent in doing long put of projects, like cleaning out, painting and re doing my pantry closet.  I also had the sad task of cleaning out the bird cage and getting it ready to donate.  My lovebird of 20 years died a couple of days ago.  I didn't realize how much background noise he added to my home until the little guy was gone.  I don't think I will get another, but just in case I did put his cage in the cellar instead of the donation pile.

As for sewing I attacked a pile of gifted 3.5 inch 1/2 square triangle blocks.  I made some more and squared up a few, not my favorite task but it will need to be done as they do vary in size.  I think I will bring them on a retreat with me and just sew them together into scrappy style blocks.  

I'm really looking forward to my January and February retreats.  I have 4 different scrappy UFO projects ready to go.  The sewing machines will have to be cleaned and bobbins wound but I will wait till it gets closer for that task.

As for 2019 I want to get some quilts finished for my guilds 2019 show, practice my FMQ and use my stash, not add to it.  

Happy New Year to All!!

Chelle
#4 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:20:19 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Not sure how much down time I will get but today if possible I may try to get a regular sized ironing board so I can set up my big board an press fabrics for Eureka.  Trying to come up with some block ideas in tans/browns and creams to go with the cowboy quilt panel pieces I have.  

Tomorrow I hope to at least cut Eureka pieces, though, again depending on downtime today maybe I can get pieces pressed and cut.  I would like to make some progress on Video game quilt and lol if I figure out my blocks maybe work on tan/brown and cream blocks.  This is what happens when I go too long without sewing - I want to do it ALL 

Cindy I am sorry for your loss.  

When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunsine.
ChiaraO
#5 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:26:56 PM(UTC)
ChiaraO

I spent most of today at my sister's waiting for the Verizon guy so the only thing I have energy to do is the last day of prep for a mystery block quilt I am doing.

quiltertess
#6 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:32:31 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

I've been slowly sewing the binding on Matthew's quilt.  Nearly finished.  I also made the label for it so I can stitch that on too.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
Bonita
#7 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:36:39 PM(UTC)
Bonita

I didn't do any sewing today but went to JoAnns and found some fleese with pink hedgehogs on a blue background. Plan to use it for the backing for the Fancy Forest quilt for DGD. She loves hedgehogs.

Sorry Cindy for the loss of your bird.

Thanks, Leslie for setting us up again this year. Happy New Year to all.

Bonita
GardenGal
#8 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:40:38 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Originally Posted by: cindynvb Go to Quoted Post

Most of my day today was spent in doing long put of projects, like cleaning out, painting and re doing my pantry closet.  I also had the sad task of cleaning out the bird cage and getting it ready to donate.  My lovebird of 20 years died a couple of days ago.  I didn't realize how much background noise he added to my home until the little guy was gone.  I don't think I will get another, but just in case I did put his cage in the cellar instead of the donation pile.

As for sewing I attacked a pile of gifted 3.5 inch 1/2 square triangle blocks.  I made some more and squared up a few, not my favorite task but it will need to be done as they do vary in size.  I think I will bring them on a retreat with me and just sew them together into scrappy style blocks.  

I'm really looking forward to my January and February retreats.  I have 4 different scrappy UFO projects ready to go.  The sewing machines will have to be cleaned and bobbins wound but I will wait till it gets closer for that task.

As for 2019 I want to get some quilts finished for my guilds 2019 show, practice my FMQ and use my stash, not add to it.  

Happy New Year to All!!

So very very sorry for your loss.  :(

--
Leslie
#9 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:50:26 PM(UTC)
Leslie

So sorry Cindy. My mom always has birds, she likes the noise.
Leslie
cv quilter
#10 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:51:08 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I just finished my last finish, the Medallion Round Robin....my sewing room is a mess, I have to clean it up, but tomorrow~  I am going to start working on the Bear Paw quilt for Fred.  I was gifted 10 blocks by Candis, think I might make at least two more,, then finish it for him. He really liked the one I did for our son.  It won't be the same as Ken's, but I know Fred will love it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Leslie
#11 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:51:22 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Well I volunteered to work today so I did nothing in my sewing room
Leslie
cv quilter
#12 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:54:30 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Cindy, I am just reading through previous posts...I add and send my sorrow to you for the loss of your friend/family member.  Doesn't matter what species, we love our pets and it's difficult to deal with their loss.  

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Dorian
#13 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 8:36:34 PM(UTC)
Dorian

I didn't get anything done in my sewing room today. I did make a chocolate yule log cake though . lol And went for a nice drive with the family.

Tomorrow, I will get some sweeping done and then will head to my sewing room and get the mystery quilt cut out.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
Nancy_MN
#14 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 8:44:37 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

No sewing for me today. Snow removal was the first task of the day. Dog walk. Baked some brownies. Paid bills. Made a nice New Year's Eve dinner - grilled shrimp, twice-baked potatoes, brussel sprouts, and wine. Watching a movie now.

Happy New Year! Hope to see you all for the sewing marathon tomorrow!
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Patricia Faye
#15 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 8:58:37 PM(UTC)
Patricia Faye

I've been under the weather so although I REALLY need to reorganize my sewing room, I wasn't able to get started on that.   So I spent the day napping, watching a little of TV & thinking about my UFOs.

I hope to feel much better by Friday with the medications I'm taking, then I can tackle that challenge so I can then start on those UFOs.

Another challenge is to check in at  QATW daily to keep up with you nice ladies.  

Patricia Faye
Cosmocat12
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:45:52 AM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

Hi Particia, yes please do check in often and let us know what you are up to.

Cindy, I was also sorry to hear about your much loved pet passing. I am new to birds, my partner got into budgies this year. Oh boy, noisy critters! LOL. 

It's new years afternoon here in Australia, I just woke up from a day sleep after doing night shift. If I get some energy I plan to sew a little later today. I am working on a kids quilt with some fun house blocks. Tomorrow I think I amy go to my LQS and get fabric for Jann's mystery quilt. Or maybe I might go on a search mission among my stash, to see what grabs me.

Tracey
Fabriholic
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:30:11 PM(UTC)
Fabriholic

I am kitting up barn blocks today and am going to try make some more bowl cozies.  That is the plan anyways.  

Sheila
Today is a new day!
Leslie
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 1:42:59 PM(UTC)
Leslie

My internet is still iffy so most of what I post I’m doing from my little iPhone 😡
Leslie
uspslady
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 3:40:23 PM(UTC)
uspslady

No sewing yesterday as the day was filled with VA appointments for DH, as is tomorrow, but today I'm going to sew up a storm.  I'm going to make the binding and get it put on my Glacier Star.  I've already done Steps 1 and 2 of the Mystery Quilt.

stitchintime
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 3:47:57 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

No sewing today.  But I did get the black eyed peas for the hoppin john cooked, made no oil red pepper hummus, two no oil dressings, and when the lemons and limes are delivered I will get them juiced and frozen.  

Barb
Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true
Rss Feed  Atom Feed