Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
JackieH
#1 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 10:33:47 AM(UTC)
JackieH

September is here...

Does that mean more sewing time for you as we look forward to the coming fall season?

The number I drew for September is  11

with a bonus number of 50  

I don't know if anyone but me has such a short attention span that they have 50 or more UFO Embarassed

So pull out those projects, the number I chose or another project from your list and show us what pretties you have for this month 

Jacy
JackieH
#2 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 10:34:06 AM(UTC)
JackieH

name #11 1st project progress 2nd project progress        

Jacy
EliQuilts
#3 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 10:37:04 AM(UTC)
EliQuilts

My 11 is the star boat.  I'm sort of in the mood to work on that.  Also, I'm into Little Stars, and working on the anniversary quilt.

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
Verla
#4 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 10:53:55 AM(UTC)
Verla

1. Great news #11 is my last remaining UFO from the 12.  After, there is the other stack of UFO, 

2. Strawberry and cream split 9 patch for my second project if this is finished before month end.  (they were in stored with my Pink Lemonade, but I kept them in their own quilt top and have that ready to quilt)

#11 November Lotto  Antique Tile blocks I won at QATW I think 2 Novembers ago.

I will add an additional 5 inch brown border making it a little larger and then  press and put on the frame to quilt.  I have the border cut this morning and sitting beside the quilt in picture and binding cut.

ohttp://www.quiltingaroundtheworld.com/gallery/fullsize.aspx?aid=131&pid=84462

VERLA UFO's : Sew Oregons4-6 , Block of Month, curvy quilt,
Chelle
#5 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 11:13:04 AM(UTC)
Chelle

My #11 is Let it Snow by Buttermilk Basin, and I will continue working on my #9 Sugar skull

Here is where I am at with each project starting today.

Let it Snow:  I have pinned pieces for block L and have wool pieces cut for E and T.

Sugar Skull:  I am very happy with the progress I made with Sugar Skull last month, I started with the printed picture.  I had to enlarge it and then got started.  Looking forward to seeing how much I can get done this month.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
brownquilting
#6 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 11:27:15 AM(UTC)
brownquilting

Moda's Be My Neighbor. 8 more blocks to go.  Looking at it now i think I'm going to do quilt as you go in row, that wasn't the original plan but....

Lorraine
Deep in the heart of .....
frankied
#7 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 11:58:14 AM(UTC)
frankied

My project is Wildflowers but since im going to Cornwall for two weeks holiday I will be taking La passion instead, but when i come back i will work on Wildflowers :-) So sorry but you will have to wait for pictures :-)

Lots of love

Francesxx

Threadbare
#8 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 12:43:49 PM(UTC)
Threadbare

#11 is Skyline Sensations Kit. I have had this  kit for several years but have always been afraid to  cut it. Guess now is the time.

My #50 will be Peace, Love which is a top that  I need to finish for my GGD's birthday  in Nov.

FLORENCE
Mimi
#9 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 12:46:12 PM(UTC)
Mimi

My number 11 is another Bonnie Hunter quilt that needs finishing.  I took a class with her at Hershey for this one - Pfefferneuse. Looks like I need some more Hourglass blocks and some more string blocks as well.  Not as many pieces as Grand Illusion 

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
Mawlinda
#10 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 5:01:18 PM(UTC)
Mawlinda

My #11 is the row swap, but I will try to finish the oriental destined to a gd. I have some applique and 2 borders to put on. This one will go to a longarm q.

Linda
Bonita
#11 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 6:25:04 PM(UTC)
Bonita

My # 11 is Laura's Garden. This is just the first block, I have others done. # 50 is a Sudoku small quilt top.

fullsize.aspx (800×600)

Bonita
loveslife
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 4:45:09 PM(UTC)
loveslife

First up, I will finish the heart wall hanging. Hopefully then, I will list another project.

Thanks Jacy

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Teatime
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 1:24:10 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Linda and Bonita - I can't wait to see your final quilts! Beautiful!

I hope to make progress on #12 "Motorcycle quilt" for my son and Green and Black "On Point" for my friend's grandson (he asked for green and black 

Marian
LaDawn
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 9:05:44 PM(UTC)
LaDawn

Number 11 is my postage stamp Irish Chain quilt. I was actually just working on this today without knowing it was going to be the UFO of the month! This started when my great Aunt died. She had been my quilting inspiration, so her daughter sent me a box of 1 1/2 inch & 2" squares. I decided to make this quilt with the 1 1/2" squares. It also became a leader/ender quilt. The problem as I have started to put together the finished 12 inch squares is that I've been working on this for about 15 years! I've added many of my own 1 1/2 inch squares to the box, so it just keeps going and going! Well, the blocks that I made early on are all about 1/2 smaller than the later ones. 

Anyway. Here is a photo of the two blocks I finished today. I'll pull the rest out later this week.

I'll also keep working on the Boots quilt. I've only got a couple more sections to quilt, then I can figure out how to put them together!

MargeP
#15 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 3:10:29 AM(UTC)
MargeP

No finishes for August and hope for better in September but it is already not looking good.  Put me down for #41 Pinwheel Quilt and #27 Birthday Blocks-Omak.  I have not done my #11 yet but won't list it here unless I think I can actually get it done.

Am working on a Photo/Panel quilt for youngest DGD's wedding reception which was today but it didn't get done.  I took the top up to show them and they loved it - must put the FG borders on it and then get it quilted.  It takes priority at the present time.

MargeP
Quiltingbeachy
#16 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 2:37:56 PM(UTC)
Quiltingbeachy

I will continue last month's quilt...needs a binding now as I just took it off the frame and my

needs one more border, quilted, binding...

irene

marigold
#17 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 3:16:29 PM(UTC)
marigold

It's wonderful to see what everyone is working on! And such a variety, too. My #11 is a patriotic lap quilt and all I have so far is the pattern and a box of fabric I've been collecting. Tomorrow when I get back to my bat cave I'll pull out the fabric and submit a photo. This has been on my wish list for a long time. So, happy sewing to everyone this month!

mari

Life is short ... buy the fabric!
Brigit-Carol
#18 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 8:35:29 PM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

Late to this party as usual.  #11 is a magenta/ reddish carpenter star top that I finished about three years ago.  I don't have a #50, so I picked the last item on my list -- a four patch snowball, also a flimsy.  This was a Jenny Doan tute also about three years ago.  And for a third, I'll finish up a scrappy star quilt that isn't on any list.  It is still in pieces.  

I'll be back tomorrow and post pics. 

RsIslandCrafts
#19 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 9:50:26 PM(UTC)
RsIslandCrafts

I haven't disappeared yet. I haven't figured out what I'm working on this month. I better hurry and figure it out soon though. I didn't touch my honeybun strips last month and I really want to turn them into some log cabin blocks so maybe I can get to them this month.

I am pretty happy to be able to say I don't have a #50 on my WiP list. Now is that because I don't have that many wips or is it because I stopped writing them down? thinking
~Robin

loveslife
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:51:04 AM(UTC)
loveslife

I did a little bit of sewing last night before bed, but ended with needing to take off the last color strip as it didn't play nicely with the others..

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
EliQuilts
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:38:10 AM(UTC)
EliQuilts

I've finished 4 star blocks.

Prepped 1 of the trapunto bits on the star boat; still need to find my pattern, or trace one of the finished ones before I stuff it so I can prep the other 4. (There will be 8 eventually. 1 is stuffed, 3 are prepped for stuffing.)

The anniversary quilt's next couple blocks' worth of parts are organized and sitting on my bedside table.

I also pulled out my bookcase quilt, realizing its partially quilted and an easy enough finish for this month.  Debating sending it to my friend Paula; she was admiring it. Smile

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
Rss Feed  Atom Feed