Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

51 Pages123>»
Leslie
#1 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 7:52:28 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Well another year behind us, I have to say 2016 was not a good sewing year for me. 
I am hoping to do much better this new year.

What's going on in YOUR sewing room ?

Leslie
cv quilter
#2 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 7:59:08 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Better days ahead for all of us, Leslie.
Sharon
Leslie
#3 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 8:04:30 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Sure hope so,  but planting season will be here before i know it,  there goes my sewing lol

Leslie
Teatime
#4 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 8:26:11 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Doing a couple of blocks for my quilting guild’s Jelly Roll Quilt Along. We are following "Moose on the Porch” 2010 quilt along. We are doing one block a month - for 12 months. I'm doing 2 colorways; blue and brown/tans. I'll take a picture when I finish the first assignment. 

Marian
Brenda
#5 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 8:29:05 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I started 2017 by pulling out all of my projects out of the closet and putting them in project bins.  I then decided on one project to begin the Year with and the Austen Family Quilt, 2014 won out.  I had all 36 quilt blocks completed and I just needed to plan out the quilt top.  I added sashing and corner stones and put all the rows together only to realize it was a bit small for my bed.  I decided it needed another row at the bottom, 6 more blocks and a few more sashings, and a nice 4" border to make it a nice quilt top.  

I purchased the border fabric today and it is in the washer.  I have backing purchased and have it ready to piece and take with the quilt top to my fabulous quilter.  I will have this one done for me since it is 100 x 100 and more than I want to tackle.

Happy New Year

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Leslie
#6 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 8:32:33 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Way to go B, I saw your block you posted on FB

Leslie
Leslie
#7 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 8:33:36 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Can't wait to see a picture Marian

Leslie
Brigit-Carol
#8 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 8:48:56 PM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

My sewing/quilting room is a combination of my living/dining room since I now live in a one bedroom apartment.  Or another way to phrase it is I live in a quilting studio. 

I have been storing fabric everywhere in the apartment (including the kitchen pantry), so I decided it was time to organize.  I'm far from finished, but have several shelves filled with fabric with curtain in front, and 6 totes under the Bailey frame with a curtain hooked onto the rails to hide the totes.  I'm taking the time to ruler fold, so the going is slow.

In addition to that, I've finished three quilt tops started years ago, working on the Bonnie Hunter En Provence, and this evening cut out a turning twenty quilt. I'm going to pull out the Bailey frame in a week or so and attempt to quilt at least 6 quilts before I push it back against the wall. 

I may have told you more than you wanted to know. Embarassed

Leslie
#9 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 8:52:41 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Bridgit-Carol,  so good to hear from you. Hey I can find all kinds of places to store fabric.

Leslie
GrandmaTaz
#10 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 9:14:24 PM(UTC)
GrandmaTaz

Have been decluttering my sewing room so I can find my projects.  Making plies to put on the trading post.

I still haven't found my chile rag quilt I started a year and a half ago. I fear I put it in a garbage bag by mistake and threw it away. I have gone through everything in two rooms and 4 closets and every box in my sewing closet, so I think it's gone.

Looking forward to finishing some things.  Like I need something else to do my cousin is sending me a quilt to finish for her.

LOL   but I am willing to do it.

Taz

Leslie
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:36:52 AM(UTC)
Leslie

Oh no Taz, thats too bad about your rag quilt.  I need to de-clutter mysewing room, dont know why it's such a mess haven't sewed in months.

Leslie
elliebell650
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:51:37 AM(UTC)
elliebell650

T'm I will be packing up my sewing studio as we are moving this is the final room to pack I am not looking forward to it one little bit.
I will miss this room the most in this home but I will be setting up the third bed room in the new apartment as a sewing room sorry but visitors will have to go on a sofa or blow up bed or close motel just a walk away.
Getting my,priorities right for a change, not like our previous home kept spare room for guests and it was hardly used and I would put up with stitching on the dinning room table and pack it away all the time not anymore lol.
Marg
loveslife
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:27:08 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Good for you Marg! Good luck with the move, and I hope you get settled in quickly.

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
moxiemt
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:01:54 AM(UTC)
moxiemt

Hello all....after doing a much-needed cleanup of the ol' sewing room, I've started a HST quilt from a bunch of the gorgeous Stonehenge fabrics my hubby got me in greens, golds, and browns.  Had to quickly get it off the design floor due to my new kitty - Gasper.    

Mary T ~Remember to laugh every day!~
Bonita
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 1:01:39 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Working on the Valentine topper swap. Just need to bind the back and make a label. Need to get back to the UFO #4.

Bonita
cv quilter
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 2:18:27 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Can't wait to get back home and in to my room.. Have a Let's Go Camping embroidery quilt to make a few more blocks for then figure out how to sash and put together. Sew many other projects waiting. Want to make a boot quilt for me and more charity quilts, a red/white/black quilt, a r/w/b quilt for Fred, two pp quilts already started to get back to. Plenty to get me thru remainder of winter.
Sharon
uspslady
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:43:16 PM(UTC)
uspslady

I've managed to quilt 2 quilts so far this month and have a third one mounted on the frame, just waiting for my thread order to arrive, it's being held up by the snow/ice storms in the Midwest and yesterday's holiday, so didn't actually get shipped out until today.

In the meantime, I've been trying to straighten out the quilting/fabric storage room again as it always seems to fall in disarray during the holidays since I tend to hide/move everything in that room when we put up the Christmas stuff.  While straightening/decluttering this room, I actually found a couple more quilt tops to add to my list, but I still haven't found #4 which is this month's UFO challenge.  Oh well.

crzyquilter
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 12:17:09 PM(UTC)
crzyquilter

Location: In The Land of the Lost, being held captive by the AZ Fabric Monster

LOL  Storing fabric makes me think of a friend who used to wrap her fabric in parchment/brown paper and hide it in the freezer. 

Most of mine is in a small shed outside - in plastic totes.  It's time to go through them again and pick out the smaller pieces for HST and charity blocks/quilts.

Today I hope to quilt the F-150 quilt that's been patiently waiting loaded on Gracie.  

Deanne
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
JackieH
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 1:23:41 PM(UTC)
JackieH

A little sweetheart asked if she could take my stuff of the design wall to put her project up. She works away at it on her own, picking 2" squares from my scrap box and asking me from time to time to cut her a new stack of white squares. Wow, she has made a bunch and I'm impressedby her skill for someone who just turned 10. She's making this quilt.

Jacy
EvelynB
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:16:01 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

How very funny: fabric wrapped in paper in the freezer. Obviously DH doesn't cook. He'd notice the weight was off.

I LOVE that 9-patch quilt. I have gobs of 9-patches and would love that quilt. The center applique is amazing and the color in rainbow spread are beautiful.
chocake2
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 3:58:01 PM(UTC)
chocake2

I can hardly wait to see that nine patch finished, Jackie!! You'd better watchout or your dd is gonna pass her Mommy in tops waiting to be quilted. LOL

Strippin' so I won't be topless
Rss Feed  Atom Feed