Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages123>»
GardenGal
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:57:22 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

It's time for a new year and a new you !  
Here's a place to share your efforts, ideas and such for toning up, losing weight,  eatting better or whatever makes you feel great!

--
GardenGal
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:58:46 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Checking in at my all time heaviest weight...  lowest step count... and out of shape in many aspects.  I signed up for a 5k in Feb so I'm going to start training so that it doesn't take me over an hour to complete it.

--
frankied
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:26:35 AM(UTC)
frankied

Just ordered a fitbit with my christmas vouchers and a new exercise game for my nintendo wii and i have a new job (just temping at the moment) starting tommorrow so im definately in.

lots of love

Francesxx

crzyquilter
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 11:38:40 AM(UTC)
crzyquilter

Location: In The Land of the Lost, being held captive by the AZ Fabric Monster

Thanl you GG for starting this thread.  My DIL lost 50 lbs., so now I'm motivated to do the same.  With me it's more exercising and working on portion control.   No more "seconds" no matter how good it is!

Deanne
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
Brenda
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 11:52:30 AM(UTC)
Brenda

I have to admit I am at my heaviest weight in a really long time.  It is time for me to get the step count up and the calorie count down.  I want to be a heathlier feeling grandma for my Gabriel.  Here is to all of us feeling better in 2017.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

tangosblonde
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 4:35:22 PM(UTC)
tangosblonde

What a great idea GG!  I need any motivation I can get. Look forward to seeing everyone elses progress too!

LaDawn
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 5:32:08 PM(UTC)
LaDawn

I actually did okay in 2016. I lost 15 pounds before my daughter's wedding in April and managed to keep it off through the rest of the year. I just kept gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over again. 

However, I have kind of let myself eat very poorly this holiday season--the scale creeped up a bit over that 5 pounds--so I definitely need to get back on track! 

Exercising is hard with the fibro, but I do usually manage to get over 3,000 steps each day, (unless I have taken a mental health sewing day!). I need to try harder to do 5,000, which doesn't sound like much, but for me it's a big deal. 5000 makes me feel like I have accomplished something without leaving hurting the next day!

quiltertess
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 5:55:41 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

I was doing fairly well with keeping the weight off that  I lost last year, until our vacation in September.  Now I need to get those pounds off and stepup on my step count.  Not at my heaviest weight, but I'm not happy with the gain in the last couple of months.  Back on track.  I signed up for a 5K in April, so I really need to get my butt in gear for that too.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
Leslie
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:55:35 PM(UTC)
Leslie

I have started eating correctly again, and I also bought myself a fitbit, whoever would like to be friends with me on it just PM me, and we will work at it together

Leslie
Chelle
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:44:59 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I haven't gotten on the scale- scared to!  I will though.  I want to start going on daily walks, even if it is multiple little ones.  I have decided I am going to participate in the adult class and just do my best.  I also would like to do some of my workout videos.  DH got a nutrition/health lecture thing on Udemy and I need to get back to that and taking notes.  I am hoping I can teach myself to like fish as that will give us more healthy meal options.  Oh and I may learn tai chi.  We are going on a cruise Feb 11, I feel like I should be able to gain some strength and be down  few pounds.  Then I have the quilt retreat in April and I need to be able to keep up with the walkers! :)

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Mimi
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:00:34 AM(UTC)
Mimi

I've done fairly well this year with the Smart Sugar Diet.  I've lost and kept off 20 pounds.  But I've still got another 20 to lose before my overseas trip in early May.  I think it's time to add the excercise part of the equation.  This morning I was just thinking of plotting out a 5 mile course for walking in the neighborhood.  The leader of our trip shared that we would probably walk that much each day. 

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
EvelynB
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:59:25 AM(UTC)
EvelynB

Instead of just focusing on my weight, I plan to focus on feeling better. Staying away from caffeine makes me sleep better and coffee upsets my stomach about half the time. So green tea will be my warm drink. Luckily it's my grandson's choice also so I keep it in the house. Probiotics help my gut so I'll enjoy that as my dessert choice more than sugary desserts. I've worn a Fitbit for over three years and it does help. I'm shocked when I get less than 2,000 steps (sewing madness days). When I go shopping I seldom park close to the store's doorway. Instead I park way out in the parking lot close to a basket return. Forces me to walk more. DH goes to bed really late but I wake up early. So I need to get to bed earlier for more sleep. Good for the blood pressure and keeps me in a better mood. Now that winter is finally here I plan to have soup and beans more often. Easier and healthier. Made a big pot of beans yesterday. Sure was good last night!
Evelyn AGENT 010
Quiltbaby
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:06:13 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

These threads are such great motivations. I am hoping to continue my quest for better health this year. In October, I joined Weight Watchers online. I don't care for meetings in my area. The new system I found is very easy and satisfying for me. I have lost 25 lbs. anyone wanting a make sense approach to weight loss, I encourage you to look into the New Weight Watchers. I love fruits and vegetables, so these are all 0 points now. They have a new online forum called Connect. Keeps you motivated and inspired on a daily basis. I have tried WW several times in my life, but I was never serious about it. I'm getting to old to keep "trying" to lose the weight and get healthier. I do use my Fitbit, but I am still rehabbing from a recent injury. Hoping it all comes back very soon. I miss my walks and exercise. I wish everyone great luck this year in your quest for health! I know this is my year to achieve my goals!
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
EvelynB
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:29:44 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Good for you, Candis. I joined WW last January. HATED the meetings because the leader stood at the back of the room, spoke quietly while two obnoxious members whistled loudly to get quiet. Then they laughed while they gabbed through everyone else trying to talk. Standing room only and not a fun place to be. The leader assumed we knew the program and it was too little information for too much money. I did love their app and found it very informative. I did learn that I need to eat more protein. Online membership may be my best best also.
Evelyn AGENT 010
Quiltbaby
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:20:55 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Evelyn, I hear you about the meetings. I have just never liked them, for a bunch of different reasons. I do love my on line membership. I can track, and still use all the tools. The connect site is awesome. I believe it has made a world of difference for me in motivation and inspiration. I hope you look into it. I hate being deprived or told I can't have something. With WW I can have anything I want, as long as I count it. It makes me more mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth. The online is not expensive. Your Fitbit evens syncs with the app.

Candis
crzyquilter
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:41:08 PM(UTC)
crzyquilter

Location: In The Land of the Lost, being held captive by the AZ Fabric Monster

First, welcome back Candis and I hope you are recovering quickly!

I, too, have tried WW in the past - had many issues with the meetings being chaotic and having rude members.  My DIL joined and lost 50 lbs - now she's a lifer!  lol  She said it took her may tries to find a meeting that "fit".  I'm not a big talker, so will check out that App.  Good luck to everyone in 2017.

Deanne
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
Quiltbaby
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 7:11:23 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Thank you Deanne! I hope you try online, it really does work if you work it. Congrats to your DIL. Good luck.

If we get enough people on WW maybe we could share recipes, and ideas, and just stuff. I have acquired so much info and cool tricks and gadgets! I think losing weight excites me, and feeling healthier everyday. Support is big though. I know on the WW connect site, there is also a group of quilters. The connect site has made a big difference for me this time around.

Candis
EvelynB
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:15:26 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

At 12:29 I was posting I planned to not drink caffeine. At 1:30 I was sitting in a restaurant alone drinking iced tea! Felt really stupid but decided it was still 2016. Then I was totally distracted when a man came to my table, took my bill, and told me that my money wasn't good today! Seems he regularly pays the bill for diners eating alone. Surprised me! I did check over my shoulder to be sure he hadn't followed me out.
Evelyn AGENT 010
frankied
#19 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 9:20:27 AM(UTC)
frankied

Woohoo my fitbit has arrived and my new exercise game for nintendo wii so im off ready to climb every mountain

lots of love

Francesxx

Veronica
#20 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 2:31:19 PM(UTC)
Veronica

This has been a bad year for me.  I basically just gave up caring.  I still am struggling with the motivation, but I know I need to make changes.  I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I'm terrified of getting diabetis.  So, I'm joining you all in 2017 to make a change in how I'm feeding my body and will work on strengthening it.  I'm taking these last 2 days to create an exercise plan that I will start on the 1st.

cv quilter
#21 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 5:50:56 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

This is a good time to be doing this.  Fred and I have been talking about getting more fit.  He and I have been doing OK weight-wise, but not  necessarily health-wise.  High cholesterol, HBP and serious heart issues (Fred), GI issues ( for me, terribly bothersome and semi-serious) and neither one of us usually eats more than once a day.  We have decided we need to eat at least 2 meals a day and include more fruit and veggies and fish and chicken (he does not like chicken, I REALLY like it and he loves beef and I'm not so much!) Fred cannot walk well due to RA, and other issues.  If I can motivate myself to eat better and feel better, I think I can motivate him.  It should be a win-win.  It will be interesting, and hopefully successful, for all of us to follow this thread.  Happy New Year everyone and I wish us all success and good health in 2017.

Sharon
Rss Feed  Atom Feed