Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages123>»
GardenGal
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:13:41 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

A long long time ago, maybe even before you started quilting... more than a decade ago..  we hosted swaps and there would be times that a swap wouldn't close for 3 months or more while we waited for those last sets of f4s or blocks or round robins to show up... 

The members spoke up and so did our hostesses.   This was simply not acceptable.  So some rules and guidelines were set in place and they are pretty simple.  Mostly they are based on ' when you say you will do something, please do it and if something happens that prevents it, COMMUNICATE. ' 

We understand 'life' happens and hits us when we least expect it.  So knowing this, we should all make the effort to do our sewing on the front end of a swap and not the tail end.  Sure almost everyone of us has mailed towards the end or even on the last day of a swap but that's where the danger zone comes in.

Example,  if your swap is due to be mailed on a wednesday, and tuesday night a tornado comes through and takes your sewing room away with your swap blocks that were sitting on the table, stamped and ready to go....  you will be patched.   It's not your fault the tornado came through, the problem comes from waiting until the last minute to mail them. If your sewing room is gone, you most likely need time to get a new one built and restocked.   Also, the patching is only a period where you can not join more swaps until you get out of the patch, you can and should finish any swaps you were already a part of.  

If this sounds harsh to you, we are sorry but there are those that will never be on time.. and we don't want to start being a judge on what's a good excuse.   Please, mail early and don't put anyone in the position of having to patch you.  Plus, in case you haven't noticed, there are more cool swaps just around the corner and if you get that first set done and mailed, you'll be ready for the next.

Being reported to the PATCHKEEPER is done by :  fellow swappers, the hostess, managers and the patch keeper when she watches over our swaps.   

The Patchkeeper is a member that volunteers for a term  ( like our Assist. Managers and swap directors ) She does not use her name so that no one will try to blame her for being patched. 

This is the ONLY job she has.   I have had to report good friends to the patch keeper before.  They knew why and took their resting period and used that time to sew on existing projects.   We do NOT do this to punish you, we do it to make sure it's clear that when swappers send in their blocks, we will get them back as timely as possible.

If you have any thoughts, suggestions or questions please feel free to post below. 

huggers,
gg

--
GardenGal
#2 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 1:03:47 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Swapping is supposed to be FUN but in order to improve swapping results, please read the following and sign below that you understand and agree.  In order to join a swap, you will need to have posted to this message that you have read everything and agree to follow the rules and that you understand the guidelines laid out.

The day a hostess receives a set of swap blocks she will pull a baggy at random for a quality check.  These means she will measure it and make sure it is the correct size or less than 1/4" off. 

Example - if a block is supposed to be 12.5", she can swap any block that is a little larger than 12.25" but it must be less than 12.74"     A block 12.25 is too small and 12.75 is too large.   If a problem is found on the first block, ALL the remaining blocks must be checked.  Blocks that are the wrong size ( 1/4" or greater difference ) will be returned unswapped.  The swapper will be notified by PM right away.  This measuring rule is in effect for POINTS as well... the tip should be 1/4" from the edge but we will allow anything at least a little over 1/8"

Also, if the blocks are supposed to be red, white and blue,  but the blocks contain something like orange, green or yellow, those also will have to be returned.

A hostess at QATW has a job to monitor the swap, keep a chart of progress reports, spot check upon arrival, swap & safely return your blocks and trust me, that is a large job and one we will not make harder by asking them to check every block that comes in. 

In order to make swapping more FUN, we need your help.

If you find a block in your return package that was missed in the spot quality check and that you have to rework or will not use, please please send a message to "Quilting-Nana."    We have members that take a term in this position (done in shifts) for two reasons and that's to make swapping fun and HELP the ones that need help and also to  honor the ones that make the best of the best blocks in a swap.

When you join a swap, please do your best, read the swap requirements and sew EARLY in the swap as many times as possible.   Waiting until the end of a swap to sew, can and sometimes does result in late swapping and for sure it causes "Rushed work".   

We are not on a witch hunt, we are simply trying to make sure we are swapping fairly.  

If you do not have the right colors of fabric, the right quality of fabric, the time to swap, the money for postage or desire to do your best, please do not join swaps until you do.  There are plenty of quilt along groups, contests and other things you can do here to have fun.   Please swap when the time is right. 

Every swap QATW  offers REQUIRES you to check in with weekly ( not weakly ) progress reports. If you go 10 days or longer, the hostess or other swappers or even the Patchkeeper (and the PK visits all swaps) may report you and you will be patched and unable to JOIN any new swaps for 30 days.   This is something that makes being a hostess much easier and it is required.  

No blocks or wall hangings or mug rugs are to be made with the use of THIN - Loosely woven fabrics purchased from JoAnns, Hancock fabrics or Walmart or other box store sources. 

P.S.  We have mentors working with Quilting-Nana and they can work with you if would like to improve your piecing skills.  If you think your piecing skills can improve and you want help, please send a PM to Quilting-Nana for help.

P.S.S. Even with the quality checks and the pledges we have in place, you will still receive some LESS than perfect blocks.  You need to be willing to accept them.    Of course PM Quilting Nana if they are 1/4" off or more.
As a good friend put it "Don't join a swap if you are a total fussbudget."      We don't have any way to guarantee perfection.

--
GardenGal
#3 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 1:04:39 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Nicknames of those agreeing to abide by the terms/guidelines listed above.

2manyHorses
acuteangle89
Aggie
Agnes
Angele3
Annette
askmcv
AuroraQu

bjsmith
Bobanda
Bonita
Brenda
Brigit-Carol

CarolBeau
CarolRacicot
Chelle
Chicki86
cindynvb
chocake2
Cosmoct12
CraftySandy3
crzyquilter
cv_quilter

Dear1953
Dee
Diwoodruff
DonnaB
Dottie Dodge
DouceFleur1

EliQuilts
Elliebell650
Empeywl
Erindipity
EvelynB

FabricOverflow
Fabriholic
FeatherDuster
Fernie
Ferretzmom
FiresideQuilter
FourCorners
frankied

gailb
GardenGal
gini
GloBug
GrandmaTaz
GranFry

Hairystiches
Honeyfield
Itchn2bStchn

JackieH
Janet
jcorsbie
jendickson8
Jentwyn2
JezJems
Jilltwin5
Judyee
juliequilts
jw3280

KathyFL
Kathryn70
knittinganet
Krazymama

LaDawn
ladysaint
LauraB
Leslie
lfann2
linda
LindaBee53
Loveslife

mainequilter
mallaround
MargeP
MawLinda
MelissaLH
Mgallard
mimi
Mimi2jefftye
MissSadie
mmyslvdrv
Monalee
Moxiemt
Murffja

Nana-Bear
NanaTubby
Nancy_MN

patti.cockfield
Pat.A KY
Pbadder
PeaceLovePugs
piecemaker
Plago

QuiltBaby
Quiltless
QuilterTess
QuiltingBeachy

Regina
rehunter69
Roxana

Saharanne
sherstiles
ShortstopJoy
SnowBird
SoBuzy
Sorefingers
stitchntime
SueSews
Susan

Tami T
TangosBlonde
ThreadBare
Tina
TinyTigress
treelisa

uandiquilt
Upirygirl
uspsLady

Va Nana
Verla
Veronica

Willow
zsofia

--
Veronica
#4 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 1:16:14 PM(UTC)
Veronica

I agree! 

Quiltbaby
#5 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 1:23:05 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I totally agree! All we can ask is for everyone to do their best. Give out what you yourself want to receive. Thanks G.G.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Quiltingbeachy
#6 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 1:34:52 PM(UTC)
Quiltingbeachy

Agree

Irene... aka quilingbeachy
JackieH
#7 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 2:36:59 PM(UTC)
JackieH

I agree!

Jacy
Leslie
#8 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 2:38:57 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Leslie-Les  agrees

Leslie
carolracicot
#9 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 2:43:10 PM(UTC)
carolracicot

I agree dance
My doctor said I need more fiber, so I went to the fabric shop.
Agnes
#10 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 2:56:53 PM(UTC)
Agnes

Not that I'm likely to join in swaps I have read and agree.

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
GloBug
#11 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 3:17:51 PM(UTC)
GloBug

I agree.

GloBug - Glo - Gloria
Nana bear
#12 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 3:21:17 PM(UTC)
Nana bear

I have read and agree.

Deb (Nana bear)

Deb
Quilting and quilt retreats makes me happy!
sorefingers
#13 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 3:30:13 PM(UTC)
sorefingers

Have read and agree

Thank you hostesses for all your efforts.

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
tangosblonde
#14 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 4:12:45 PM(UTC)
tangosblonde

Have read and agree.

uandiquilt
#15 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 4:25:08 PM(UTC)
uandiquilt

Have read and agree.
Chris (uandiquilt)
quiltertess
#16 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 4:48:10 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

I agree.

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
GrandmaTaz
#17 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 5:04:35 PM(UTC)
GrandmaTaz

I agree.

Grandmataz
MargeP
#18 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 5:12:59 PM(UTC)
MargeP

Have read and agree.

MargeP
stitchintime
#19 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 5:25:08 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Have read and agree wholeheartedlySmile  Thanks for all you and the hostesses do to make this such a fun group.

Barb... The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks
2manyhorses
#20 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 5:31:47 PM(UTC)
2manyhorses

I agree
Kathrynh70
#21 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 6:16:14 PM(UTC)
Kathrynh70

I agree!

Thanks to all of you wonderful hostesses who do such a wonderful job!!

Kathryn

Kathryn
Rss Feed  Atom Feed