Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages123>»
loveslife
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2014 9:52:45 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Please feel free to post requests here for prayers of Healing & Strength    

Whatever you do, you need courage.

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong.

There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right.

To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a  soldier needs.

Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul.

- Emily Dickenson

I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
sorefingers
#2 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2016 7:40:11 PM(UTC)
sorefingers

Many thanks for all of your prayers for my mom.  She was transferred to a rehab facility today.  I am leaving for St. Louis on Wednesday to see if I can help find her a nursing home to move into when she leaves rehab.  She's a tough old bird and seems in good spirits.  She likes the rehab place she's at (she's been there before) and would love to become a permanent resident of their skilled nursing facility.  We are praying that they will have an available bed for her in the near future.

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
Bonita
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 11:53:49 AM(UTC)
Bonita

Asking for postive thoughts for those of us in Hurricane Matthews path. We went from a hurricane watch to a warning overnight. After it passes us by it's taking aim at SC. I have two sisters with their families living just outside Myrtle Beach. This is a real nasty storm and my prayers for all in it's path.

Bonita
stitchintime
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 4:18:30 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Bonita.  Stay safe!

Barb... The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks
cv quilter
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 4:37:53 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I have two prayer requests:  My little King Charles Cavalier, Snickers, is going to have a pretty big surgery tomorrow.  She has a tumor the size of a large lemon/my fist size on her spleen.  The vet will remove her spleen and tumor and evaluate her prognosis early in the morning (7 a.m.).  My heart is heavy, as is Fred's, as we await the outcome of the surgery.  She is a rescue dog and we have had her for 3 years (she is 8 years old) and we love her dearly.  We don't want her to suffer and we pray for a good outcome for our little girl.   One other request, I am looking at a possible surgery for myself (believe it or not it's a basal cell cancer on my nose), but the previous surgeries performed to remove it have not yielded clear margins and I may have to have surgery to remove the cancer, which at this time is deep and into the cartilage.  If that's the case, it'll be a pretty major surgery, according to my doctor, and I still may face possible radiation therapy.  So, if I could have a BIG prayer for our Snickers and a prayer for me I'd be grateful and thankful. 

Sharon
stitchintime
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:46:40 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

So sorry to hear about Snickers and yourself, Sharon.  Will keep you both in my prayers for great outcomes.

Glad your mom is doing better, Kay, and praying they have a permanent spot for her soon - recovery goes so much better when you like the facility.

Barb... The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks
cv quilter
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:58:24 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: stitchintime Go to Quoted Post

So sorry to hear about Snickers and yourself, Sharon.  Will keep you both in my prayers for great outcomes.

Glad your mom is doing better, Kay, and praying they have a permanent spot for her soon - recovery goes so much better when you like the facility.

Thank you, Barb.  Will post progress for Snickers.  Right now, she is snoring (that's what these dogs do ) on Fred's lap and she is a happy girl.

Sharon
sorefingers
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 10:21:56 PM(UTC)
sorefingers

Prayers for everyone in the path of Matthew.  My 2 DGD's live in Port St. Lucie with their other grandma.  They are currently in North Carolina staying with other family members.

Bonita I hope your family gets to safety and weathers the storm well.

Sharon, prayers for you and your beloved Snickers.

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
LaDawn
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 10:50:41 AM(UTC)
LaDawn

Sharon, my thoughts and prayers go out for you today! Hope Snickers comes through ok, and a quick resolution for you, too.

And everyone in the storm path: stay safe! So many natural disasters in this past year. So many people that need hope, prayers, and help. I pray our Heavenly Father can send comfort and peace to them, even in the face of losing so much.
Quiltingbeachy
#10 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 10:24:57 AM(UTC)
Quiltingbeachy

Just dropping in a moment to ask you all to remember Ann (granfry) in your thoughts and prayer....

Ann had another 'episode' this morning....She was at her daughter's house and her SIL was there and called 911.....they were in ER when they called me. I DID talk to Ann and she sounded goood....just frustrated.  Hoping they find answers!

Will update when I know more (or maybe Ann will?)

Thanks!
Irene 

cv quilter
#11 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 3:04:45 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Thank you all for the prayers for our little girl.  Snickers came through the surgery OK, had a horrible night last night, and is sound asleep, snoring on the couch next to me right now.  It'll be 7 -10 days before we know if it's cancerous, then we'll go from there.

Sharon
JackieH
#12 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 10:45:58 PM(UTC)
JackieH

Sharon, I hope Snickers will continue to do better. 

Bonita, I see you posting here so I presume you weathed the storm well and that you have power. I bet you are glad to have it passed on by.

Jacy
GloBug
#13 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 10:59:05 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Sharon, I'm just now catching up with this thread.  I'm glad your sweet Snickers came through the surgery and is at home with you to heal.  I'll keep her in my prayers for a good pathology report outcome.

And now for you my quilty friend....I didn't know that you've been going through basal cell cancer on your nose and now you may be facing a big surgery ahead.  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you travel this unknown road ahead.  You are among friends here.  Hugs to you!

GloBug - Glo - Gloria
ladysaint
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2016 8:25:15 AM(UTC)
ladysaint

Prayers out to each and everyone of you that are in need! And on a daily basis!
Toni Ann
Quiltingbeachy
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2016 8:55:04 AM(UTC)
Quiltingbeachy

Update on Ann:

She spent 8 hours in ER...after many tests, once again, no confirmed reason for these episodes...
She will be staying at her daughter's for awhile.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers and ask that you continue to remember Ann as some changes are in progress and that she will be able to accept them.

irene 

Bonita
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2016 9:01:08 AM(UTC)
Bonita

Originally Posted by: JackieH Go to Quoted Post

Sharon, I hope Snickers will continue to do better. 

Bonita, I see you posting here so I presume you weathed the storm well and that you have power. I bet you are glad to have it passed on by.

Yes I came back to my home yesterday. Thanks to Matthew taking a 3 hour turn to the north before heading back to the NW we got off fairly easy. Lots of rain and strong gusts just enough to bring down a few trees. We were very lucky. Watching Myrtle Beach now where my sisters live close by is getting pounded right now.

Bonita
Chelle
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:26:33 AM(UTC)
Chelle

My aunt has an appointment today, and likely will be scheduling surgery.  She could really use everyones prayers.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
cv quilter
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:41:28 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Chelle, how did your Aunt's appt go?  Any surgery scheduled?

Thanks everyone for  your thoughts and prayers for my little Snickers and for me.  As a f/u I was fortunate enough to be scheduled for my procedure a few days earlier due to a cancellation in the doctor's schedule.  I am fine, and other than a large hole in the tip of my nose, it appears that the last of two new specimens taken at that time came out clear.  So, looks like I won't be needing a major surgery.  As for my little girl, she is not so fortunate.  Her biopsy result came back and the tumor is positive for hemagiosarcoma.  It is a canine cancer that has a very sad and bleak prognosis.  We see the doctor on Monday and she will do another blood test and a chest xray to see if there is any metastisis.  We will go from there, but from all we know right now about this cancer, she is a very sick little girl Cry

Sharon
mimi2jefftye
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:24:34 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Keeping all of you in my prayers!!!

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
Chelle
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 3:15:47 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Thanks for asking, she is scheduled for surgury on Oct 21.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
GloBug
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:03:57 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Do we have any update on Ann?

Chelle, I hope all goes well with your aunt's surgery. 

Sharon, so glad your update on your nose has a positive spin on it.  With that said, I was sadden to hear the news on your baby girl Snickers.  Please keep us updated.

So okay quilty friends, I don't ask for much but I'm feeling pretty bad about the chronic right hip pain I've been enduring for about the last 6 months.  It's getting much worse and now I'm taking opiad pain meds around the clock to help with the pain.  If these pain meds are helping, then I can't imagine the terrible pain without being on pain meds.  

Bottomline, I'm in pain all the time and it's so draining and I feel like my life is on hold and days are slipping on by without any productivity from me.  I'm starting to feel a bit depressed to be honest.  So with that, can I ask for your thoughts and/or prayers that as I go through the medical insurance process with pain management, etc that I soon will get some answers to the source of the pain.  Today I'm having an MRI of both hips but I can't see the doctor until Nov. 21st because he's on a (probably well deserved) vacation for a month.  And my insurance won't authorize me to see another doctor.   Okay, back to my recliner to snuggle up with the first quilt I made at QATW.   

GloBug - Glo - Gloria
Rss Feed  Atom Feed