Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
elliebell650
#21 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 7:11:13 PM(UTC)
elliebell650

Well I did not see this post until just now.
Glenda glad you get to spend time with your precious grandson.
Gloria so sorry to read about your fur baby I know how heart breaking this can be and somehow it never leaves us. I miss my girls so so much and each time I see a little beagle it melts my heart.
Saturday we drove to Bribie Island to a quaint little quilt show it was lovely so no sewing for me that day and then yesterday with the weather being nice I went for my first real walk since the end of March due to an ankle injury.
It's a beautiful sunny morning here so after doing my chores I want to get the binding on my quilt an have a finish for May.
Marg
Bonita
#22 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:08:35 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Gloria, so sorry to hear about Harley. It's so hard to lose a part of your family.

Lots of nice plans going on. I haven't been able to do much so far this weekend the darn sciatica has just about crippled me. Did manage to go to JoAnns for some backing fabric for the stocking May UFO quilt. S-I-L will be grilling for us tomorrow.

Bonita
quiltertess
#23 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 8:45:30 AM(UTC)
quiltertess

Monday, Memorial Day - a day to remember those who gave their all.  Remembering my brother Eddie who died in Viet Nam.

More yard work today, I made progress yesterday, but not nearly enough before the rain came.  Didn't rain long, but by then my body was telling me it was time to stop and go sew.

I embroidered a tank top for one of my coworkers daughter.  Need to do one for her sister today.  They are going to Disney next week.

Laundry is on tap for today before I run out of ..... 

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
Fabriholic
#24 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 8:54:16 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Glo, so sorry.  Give him lots of hugs!     Mona, glad you are feeling better

I worked all weekend.  I had a trainee and she did awesome.  Makes my days go fast!  I only have to work 4 hours today.  I am spending the morning getting my honor flight quilt borders on and then after work, my sister and I are going to go have dinner and a margarita!!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
Teatime
#25 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 1:51:02 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Tess, so sorry to hear about your brother Eddie. I can't imagine the pain you and your family have felt. We thank him and his family for his sacrifice. 

Marian
Brenda
#26 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 4:44:20 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Remembering my son today whom died in Irag 2010.  

Tess, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your brother, my heart goes out to you.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for being here for me.  Before joining this site I was so depressed and in a really bad place.  I find that being here really helps, many new friends and so many laughs.

My husband decided that his year we would stay home and enjoy our family.  

I have been able to spend a lot of time playing with fabric in the sewing room too.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

JudyT
#27 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 5:42:02 PM(UTC)
JudyT

Oh, Brenda I'm so sorry. I didn't know about your son. I can't even begin to imagine. Sending all the love and hugs I possibly can.

Judy in the Pacific Northwest
cv quilter
#28 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 5:45:51 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Tess and Brenda...for the loved ones you lost while serving our country and sacrificing their lives. for us, for ME, I honor them and send heartfelt hugs to you and yours.  I love hugs, but many times they don't really convey our thoughts and feelings or give the comfort we intend.  To all others who served and didn't come home, I honor and thank them as well.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Dorian
#29 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 7:15:29 PM(UTC)
Dorian

Tess and Brenda, warm thoughts and hugs out to you. It's so hard when a loved one has gone. My dh's nephew has also died, while serving our country. My thoughts go out to my SIL today. I'm so thankful for those who have served (my dh and BIL included). 

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
Brenda
#30 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:12:10 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Thank you everyone for the kind words and hugs I needed them.

I am on another weekend that just started for me.  My grandkids were just picked up early by there Dad at 230pm.  No more babysitting until next Monday, woohoo.  I love both my grandkids but I also love me some free time.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Rss Feed  Atom Feed