Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

76 Pages«<747576
Chelle
#1576 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 7:35:58 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Woohoo making progress on the blocks for the green quilt, I would LOVE to have a top even if its without borders tonight.  struggling with one block, or two I can't remember then a few more blocks and time to put into a top :)

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Threadbare
#1577 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:45:07 AM(UTC)
Threadbare

Too cute Evyln.  I got the Winter Village top complete except for the applique.  Has anyone done applique without sewing it down.  I know it says you don't have to but I have never done it and am worried about doing it.  Also started a scrappy quilt I saw a pic of on pinterest.  No pattern and I don't know the name but I think I got it.  Really really have to use these scraps.

FLORENCE
Nancy_MN
#1578 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 10:14:26 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Evelyn, thank you for the wonderful ideas and for the link! You may be quiet/shy, but i can tell you have a heart of gold!

I'm going to get right on the reindeer/candy cane idea. I only have to make 15 for my route.
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Dorian
#1579 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:03:39 PM(UTC)
Dorian

My bear paw prints are finallllly almost done. I have one side on the quilt, so just the other 3 borders to go .

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
cv quilter
#1580 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:49:21 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Just got back from town a little bit ago.  We got our flu shots first thing this morning and YIKES, I had quite the burn for a while.  That eventually went away and we went and did some shopping.  Now that we are home, both Fred's and my arms are SORE.  Mine is sore all the way to under the top of my arm and Fred's is sore where he got the shot.  I'm going to go in my sewing room and cut the backing for Bear Paw Quilt and the batting to size and see if I can get it sandwiched.  

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Chelle
#1581 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:23:26 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I got rows put together this morning but sinus headache was kicking my rear so after some self care I am feeling better. I need to press and trim the rows, as some are a little off.  My boy cat Clyde is stcking close to me, like laying on me so it may be a while before I get back to sewing.  The only time he gets like this with a couple of us is if he senses they aren't feeling well, so I want to enjoy his attention while I have it LOL.  Still expect this to be a top today.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Cosmocat12
#1582 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 8:29:56 PM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

Sharon and Chelle, I hope you guys are back to normal really soon.

I have had a good run in my sewing area. I finished a medium sized quilt, last night finished the first of two baby Christmas donation quilts. (setting blocks on point takes so much longer LOL). I also have a quilt top and the backing sut to size ready for basting and quilting. Hopefully I can get to it this afternoon. I really want it finished so I can photograph all three quilts and post pictures here. Before I can get to basting I have to take the kids on an outing for lunch. I really want to finish this quilt today though, as I am about to work 7 shifts in a row.

Tracey
monalee
#1583 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 8:45:55 PM(UTC)
monalee

Ellie’s quilt top is done and will go to the Longarm lady. It’s a special top and she works magic. I am in Baggs to drive bus but the roads were closed so trip for nothing. I did get to enjoy Ellie and Gage, his birthday is tomorrow, then I head home well before dark because of the snowy roads. No more bus trips for me until March which means I can join some sew ins at quilt shop.
Dorian
#1584 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 11:40:38 AM(UTC)
Dorian

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Dorian, sounds like quite a project.  Can't wait to see what you are up to

Here is a sneak peak Sharon  See those cute little paw prints at the top? They are only 2.5" unfinished, I need 141 of those. It's been taking me awhile because I don't do as much sewing as I would like to. lol

I know have 2 borders on, working on the rest.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
Nancy_MN
#1585 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 2:04:13 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

141 2.5" blocks, Dorian? Better you than me! silly It looks like it's going to be a really interesting quilt!

I wonder if they gave you the double strength flu shot for seniors, Sharon. That might make your arm more sore.

Just cleaned my main level floors. Finally get to enjoy some sewing time now.
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
cv quilter
#1586 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 6:12:39 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Dorian, What a fabulous quilt you are going to have.  What a woman you are!!!!

Nancy, I think maybe you are right, I got a double strength flu shot!  Double your pleasure double your fun.  Actually it hasn't been fun...my arm still hurts and I have been keeping it moving.  Fred got the same shot, hasn't had any further problem.  I think it's just me.

Today in my sewing room...NO SEWING, I pulled some fabrics to donate to local after school sewing club for young kids.   Have a big box ready and a few more fabrics yet to pull. 

And then I cleaned a bit in the sewing room...I fear I have lost my quilting MOJO, but I know I'll get it back.   I think I need a break.   I decided that I wanted to make the Lasagna Soup recipe GG posted about, put that in the InstaPot (oh my, it smells heavenly in here) ,  I pulled out some of our Christmas decorations from the shed (including all of the adorable ornaments I received from the ornament Swap last year) put up my new little 4 1/2 foot tree bought yesterday from Hobby Lobby, and decorated it and the house.  Last thing that has to be done is to decorate the front porch.  Maybe tomorrow.

'll

Sharon
monalee
#1587 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 9:45:45 AM(UTC)
monalee

I got the first border on frozen quilt this morning for Taylin. Will work on outer border tonight. I have frozen minky for backing. Must be finished by Saturday for the party.
cv quilter
#1588 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 1:46:45 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I pulled more fabric out of my stash to donate to the after school sewing club...now have two boxes and some batting pieces ready to go, and I haven't even touched the amount I have.  Trying to straighten up again after pulling fabrics.  

Finished the last of the Christmas decorating and now have no pizazz at all!

Sharon
Rss Feed  Atom Feed