Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

42 Pages«<404142
Nana bear
#862 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:11:22 AM(UTC)
Nana bear

Working on another sewing mat for me using sewing themed fabric. Will also be helping Brenda make one at OK retreat

Deb 

Deb
Quilting and quilt retreats makes me happy!
Bonita
#863 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 11:58:10 AM(UTC)
Bonita

Thanks, everyone. That's the beauty of using charm squares, fabrics all will go together. Dorian, no one in mind for this one yet. 

Bonita
cv quilter
#864 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 3:59:39 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Made the labels for our granddaughters' quilts and sewed them on.  They are coming to spend a couple of nights with us and wanted them to be done for when they come.  They both have  birthdays coming up,one in August and one in October.  I didn't want to wait til their BDs so we will have a Happy Un-Birthday tonight.  Taking them to dinner tomorrow and to see Premier of Mama Mia Here We Go Again

Finished Block number four in the Pat Sloan Let's Go Camping quilt.  Sew cute.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
mimi2jefftye
#865 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 4:21:05 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Spent the day in my little sewing space here in the RV, working on the Snoopy commission quilt.  I finished sewing all the units for the top and began to sew the units into rows.  Just had the last six rows that are kind of like a sashing rows.  I decided to lay out the rows to see how many of the "sashing units" I needed per row.  (I had to create the pattern from a picture that the customer found, but when I tried to find the pattern it was no longer available.  So at the TN retreat I "designed" the pattern).  Well all was good until I realized that there is mistake in size for one piece.  Thank goodness that piece is only in the sashing row and I can recut and resew those pieces; and as I always tell those I teach......buy more fabric than you need!!!

Decided to take a little break and come in to tell you all my woes.  I will get these recut tonight and hopefully sewn into the units, so tomorrow I can sew them into their six little rows and then finish the top.  Once the rows are together, I will just have to add two borders and the top will be done.

I think I may actually make my deadline which is next weekend to have it quilted and ready to ship to the customer once payment is received!!!

Pictures will follow as soon as I get the rows finished.

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
Nancy_MN
#866 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 10:06:05 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Originally Posted by: firesidequilter Go to Quoted Post

my sewing room was the front seat of my car yesterday afternoon...I am hand sewing binding down on the Eagle Window Pane!  I will have a FINISH!!! 

So we haven't heard about or seen a finish on this yet, Donna.  Hearing you were on the binding spurred me into getting my windowpane quilted which I am just about done with.  Then I'll move to binding and maybe will post a finish in the 2018 contest this weekend.

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Chelle
#867 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 6:41:21 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Yesterday I got the color theory blocks together into a top.  I need to see if I have enough solid black for the border and need to decide what color I want to use for binding.  The quilt shop doesnt open until 10 so if I go today it will be after my 10 AM appt.  

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Brenda
#868 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 5:55:26 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Trying to get two fish for my quilt to turn out the same size I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  They are set on point so I took off those pieces and I am starting from there.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Dorian
#869 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 7:34:25 PM(UTC)
Dorian

I just have borders to quilt on my Cornerstones quilt . I should be done with it soon!

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
Quiltbaby
#870 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 8:02:15 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Working on a Pam Bono quilt pattern for Tammie’s Boss. Called Flying Home. A million flying geese. Good thing I like the 4 at a time technique! Going faster.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
mimi2jefftye
#871 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 8:40:08 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Okay, all the parts are recut and hoping that this time I figured the correct size.  I actually added and readded and then left it all alone and came back an hour later and readded.  It better be right.  I will be sewing them together tomorrow and laying out the rows to see if I can get this top done by saturday night or sunday afternoon.

Bonita
#872 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 10:56:09 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Finished Sept and Oct blocks for Miss Eweniece, only two more to go. Pieces cut for them, ready to glue baste them down. Started on Pat Sloan's Camping blocks. # 1 cut out and ready for stitching tomorrow. Made one 16 inch block for the Leader-ender challenge. 

Bonita
Mawlinda
#873 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 11:10:54 AM(UTC)
Mawlinda

Sandwiched my halloween quilt Thursday and may get to quilt it today--after cleaning floors/grocery shopping/washing. lol

Linda
dogsbody
#874 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 5:49:09 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

Almost halfway through piecing a Storm at Sea top. Makes me jittery.

cv quilter
#875 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 6:04:11 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

dogsbody, jittery with nerves, or excitement?  That is a beautiful pattern.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
mimi2jefftye
#876 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 6:11:39 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Originally Posted by: mimi2jefftye Go to Quoted Post

Okay, all the parts are recut and hoping that this time I figured the correct size.  I actually added and readded and then left it all alone and came back an hour later and readded.  It better be right.  I will be sewing them together tomorrow and laying out the rows to see if I can get this top done by saturday night or sunday afternoon.

Well somewhere I must have added seam allowance more than once, because it turns out the recut pieces are now 1/2 inch too big.  So the rows have been frogstitched, the pieces trimmed down, rows resewed and now the rows are in the process of being sewn into a top.  I know next time on a commission quilt, if a pattern is no longer available and I have to recreate it, there will be an additional charge.  LOL

Should have the top done in about an hour or so.  I will post a picture of the top when it is finally done.

dogsbody
#877 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 8:18:10 PM(UTC)
dogsbody

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

dogsbody, jittery with nerves, or excitement?  That is a beautiful pattern.

Its a bit intense, because everything has to be pretty exact for it to go together right. And, I've played with color placement a bit for a special effect, and have to watch where each piece goes.

mimi2jefftye
#878 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 8:51:20 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Just finished the top.  Now to wait for the buyer to send me a new set of measurements so I know how big I need to make the borders.  So nice to be able to show some progress on a project.  Not sure why the pictures is "foggy" looking.

firesidequilter
#879 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 10:42:37 PM(UTC)
firesidequilter

Location: where mother nature turned her head on the Mississippi River

clap I had faith in you Sally...you are always able to figure out complicated quilt patterns. Looks great...🤩
Oompa Loompa doompadee doo...
Brenda
#880 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 12:05:36 AM(UTC)
Brenda

Originally Posted by: Nana bear Go to Quoted Post

Working on another sewing mat for me using sewing themed fabric. Will also be helping Brenda make one at OK retreat

Deb  

Thanks again for that Deb I will measure my machine and send you the measurements.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Rss Feed  Atom Feed