Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<101112
cv quilter
#232 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:25:56 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sorry, I have no idea what I did.  Two posts and one of them a little messed up.

Sharon
Quiltbaby
#233 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:22:13 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Thank you, Jean! Very kind of you. I'm sewing her together now. I'm in love with it. Our nephew is a ginger. So the golden red hair on this little fairy is so perfect, can't believe my luck, I always marvel at how things come together . Just like it's meant to be.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Bonita
#234 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:04:05 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Candis, your sweet fairy is so beautiful. Great job on the wings. I have one of those panels, just can't remember if it's the pink or the blue one.

Donna, praying for good news for you and your neighbors. Everyone is spread so thin, what with all the things nature has thrown at us all this year.

Bonita
Quiltbaby
#235 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:20:37 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Bonita, thank you! I also have one of those panels in every fairy. I'm glad I kept them. I bought a bunch over 5 years ago. For 4.99 a panel. Now if you look them up some are 29.00 or more! Ridiculous. I try to find more and buy them When I do see them. If they are under 10.00 or so. They are very sought after now. They make beautiful OBW! If anyone has any they want to sell I am your girl!

Candis
DonnaB
#236 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 5:07:56 PM(UTC)
DonnaB

Thanks everyone for your concerns, thoughts and prayers!

With cooler fall weather setting in (and snow in them/there hills) the fire is slowly being brought under control.  The containment lines on the valley side (toward populated areas including me) are almost complete (this is close to 20 miles of double/redundent fire-break lines).

Son #3 and his DW were here this weekend to expand the defensive zone around our house.  Every foot helps!!!

As of today, the Fire Incident Command Team are dropping our evacuation Level from 2 (Be Ready to Leave) to 1 (Be Aware). What a relief!!!

We've had our "treasures" packed all summer for any immediate crisis, but thankfully have had the time to pack up more things like additional clothes, a 2nd sewing machine, my "favorite UFO's (lol)" & favorite/most expensive rulers plus our XC skis and winter ski-clothing.

Now, we're taking a "break/mini-vacation" for a few days, so I'm leaving these "extras" in our front entry where they'll be easier for our son to load up - JUST IN CASE.

Donna B from North Central Washington State
cv quilter
#237 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 6:38:53 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Donna, your post is GREAT news.  I know you are still aware that something "could" be in the offing, but great that you have taken measures to protect.  We all need to be FIREWISE and that's a big thing here in Prescott/Chino Valley.   Our resources are limited by budgets and our brave first responders can only do so much.  We have to help them.  Have a good mini vacation.  Sounds like you have done your homework.  Enjoy!!

Sharon
Quiltbaby
#238 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 4:43:53 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Ok I am almost finished with my Great Nieces Baby Quilt. Just have to bind. I did a heavy meander on it. I remembered from Charity Quilts for Kids i did. they requested heavy quilting if the quilt is used alot.

I love this thing. 

Candis
Bonita
#239 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 4:48:21 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Candis, I love it too!! Lucky, Lucky niece and baby!!

Bonita
JudyT
#240 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 5:04:55 PM(UTC)
JudyT

Beautiful beautiful Candis. Did I say how gorgeous it is?

Judy in the Pacific Northwest
Quiltbaby
#241 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 6:36:03 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Thank you guys so much! I really am happy with this one!

Candis
cv quilter
#242 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 6:50:22 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Candis it is an OMG Beautiful finish!  This is probably the sweetest baby quilt I have ever seen.  I'm wondering if this is a Quilt Show entry quilt?  Truly feminine and gorgous!

Sharon
Quiltbaby
#243 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 7:16:40 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Lol CV. I've never entered anything . Thanks so much, just u saying that is a boost!! It's now one of my favs!

Candis
Rss Feed  Atom Feed